Community Service Guidelines
If you have been assigned by a court to do community service at the Abilene Recovery Council, the following rules must be followed:
- NO cell phones or other electronic devices are to be used while you are here. If you have your cell phone with you, TURN IT OFF.
- No cuss words or other dirty language will be tolerated while you are here.
- The following is the dress code while you are here:
• No caps or shirts with suggestive messages.
• No clothing advertising beer or other drugs, etc.
• No tank tops, short shorts or other immodest apparel.
- Please be sure that you are showered and ready to work while you are here.
- It is your responsibility to get the appropriate paperwork from the judge showing the number of hours you are required to work.
- You are expected to sign in and out and document your hours accurately. If you are dishonest, the judge will be notified and you will not receive credit for the time worked.
- You will be assigned to one of the offices on the 2nd floor or the PRC library on the first floor. Do not roam the building or leave without signing out.
- The Council is open Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. You are expected to work at least 1 hour at a time or more if possible.
- We ask that you show pride in the work that you are being asked to do as it reflects on the Council. If we see that you do not care or that you have a poor attitude, you will be asked to leave and not return.
For more information, please call 325-673-2242, ext. 100.